What will you learn?
- Factors that influence readability of a document
- How to maintain objectivity and precision in scientific writing
- How to maintain clarity and coherence of scientific writing
- How to maintain simplicity and conciseness of scientific writing
- Incorporate ‘person and point of view’ in your document
Why should you enroll?
The characteristics of scientific language can be broadly identified as readability, objectivity and precision, clarity and coherence, simplicity and conciseness, and the person and point of view. Enroll in this course to study these attributes, use them in your writing, and submit publish-worthy manuscripts.
What topics will you cover?
Lecture 1: Introduction
Lecture 2: Objectives
Lecture 3: The Language of Science
Lecture 4: Readability
Lecture 5: Formulas for Readability
Lecture 6: Objectivity and Precision
Lecture 7: Clarity
Lecture 8: Coherence
Lecture 9: Relative Emphasis
Lecture 10: Simplicity and Conciseness
Lecture 11: Person and Point of View
Lecture 12: Style
Lecture 13: Summary